Pages

08 March 2008

Parenthood



You too would understand our surprise if your nurse, after only an hour earlier telling you that Ben would most likely be released on March 16th, strolled into your room and declared, "Here he is! He is all yours now." After Jane and I caught our breath and changed our shorts, we began the adventure of parenthood. Ben is doing well. After a long night, we finally found a cuddle position that he liked and he bobbed up and down while sleeping upon my belly - I imagined Ben dozing in a little dingy while riding the up and down motion of a wave somewhere in the ocean.

I feel like I have traveled a long distance across of foreign landscape in the past day or so. A lot of these surroundings remain unfamiliar to both Jane and I. Ben is being patient with us, especially when he runs off ahead of his two slow-learning parents. How peculiar a feeling it is to have this little person looks up at you, feign a suckle, and then let rip an incredible stream of pee. He is a good little guy. :)

I am home now, and Jane and Ben and Grandma Chris are back at the hospital starting this new day. Grandma Chris is a lifesaver (Grandma Jackie, you might want to have your bags packed and ready).

Thank you for all of your kind notes and prayers. Continue to pray for Jane's leg, as her mobility is starting to return a bit. Pray for Ben that he would grow. Pray for me since I have a lot of grading to do this weekend, end of term and all, and not much time to do it. We love you.

Shalom,
Dane and Jane and Ben

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks dane for taking the time to post a note. Well done. I think you all are doing an incredible job! gail

Anonymous said...

Answered prayers. We are so very thankful. Our prayers continue for Jane's leg and a miraculous healing...pronto! Hi, Ben! xoxox Grams

Anonymous said...

Get better soon Jane Nicole, we have treats, hugs, (heck - an Eatery bowl of goodness if that will help)etc. to deliver.

xoxox Carol and Kirk

Julianne said...

SO glad that Ben could go home with you...hopefully his mom will follow soon!

audrey said...

i think this new picture is my new favorite. until the next picture that is, probably.